Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cynicism Re: Mark Lynas

Ted Worstall at Forbes.com also takes Mark Lynas to task, and adds:
I have to admit that the cynic in me is concentrating upon this part:

     "I published my first book on global warming in 2004,"

Which means that someone wishing to publish another book in the near future will need to have changed his public views in order to have something different to say in the new book. But that is me being horribly cynical.
Time will tell, but would you bet against it?

2 comments:

Jon said...

Could you phrase the closing question more explicitly? What, precisely, is the "it" you have in mind?

Whatever "it" is, did Mark Lynas have to change his public views on global warming between 2004 and 2008, when he published his second book on global warming? If he didn't, why should he have to before publishing yet another book on the topic? Not that I've seen anything to indicate he proposes to do so.

William M. Connolley said...

Seems fair enough, but its Tim(my), not Ted.