Friday, September 21, 2007

What I Hate About the YouTube Era

Here is what I hate about the YouTube era: are we so fucking desperate to appear online that we will admit to every single stupid thing we have ever done??

The answer appears to be yes.

Evidence: this idiotic Oregonian who put a rattlesnake in his mouth.

Yes, a rattlesnake. In his mouth.

He admits he was drunk at the time. He admits that he was stupid. And yet these conditions seem to have absolutely no effect on his willingless to share his stupid and repulsive story with the rest of the world. I really think he thinks he's something special for all his efforts.

How utterly fucking depressing.

I don't know about you, but if I was so drunk that I tried to put a rattlesnake in my mouth -- I feel foolish even typing these words -- you can be sure I would wake up feeling so utterly stupid and foolish that there's no way I'd ever -- ever -- never ever -- share this information with anyone at all, let alone with my town's newspaper.

I mean, I have done some stupid things -- though nothing near as stupid as putting a rattlesnake in my mouth -- but in any case I am quite happy to keep each and everyone one of these stupid things to myself and avoid the extreme embarassment of the Internet and of YouTube. It simply kills me that someone is so stupid -- that, specifically, Matt Wilkinson of Southeast Portland is so stupid -- as to admit to this kind of utter stupidity.

Where the hell are we headed? I am afraid to think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy was high I met him before he's a dirt bag and from what other reliable sources tell me that's not exactly how the story happened